What is Snowplow Open Source?
Snowplow Open Source is an event data collection platform for data teams who want to manage the collection and warehousing of data across all their platforms and channels, in real-time.
Snowplow is a complete, loosely coupled platform that lets you capture, store and analyze granular customer-level and event-level data:
- Drill down to individual customers and events
- Zoom out to compare behaviors between cohorts and over time
- Join web analytics data with other data sets (e.g. CRM, media catalogue, product catalogue, offline data)
- Segment your audience by behavior
- Develop recommendations and personalisations engines
Snowplow has been technically designed to:
- Give you access, ownership and control of your own web analytics data (no lock in)
- Be loosely coupled and extensible, so that it is easy to add e.g. new trackers to capture data from new platforms (e.g. mobile, TV) and put the data to new uses
Our Quick Start guides are the easiest way to get started with Snowplow Open Source:
If you need more flexibility (see Quick Start limitations), you can also start from scratch: