Welcome to the Advanced Analytics for Mobile accelerator. Once finished, you will be able to build a deeper understanding of customer behaviour on your mobile apps and use your data to influence business decisions.
Here you will learn to:
- Model and Visualise Snowplow data
- using the snowplow-mobile
dbt package and Streamlit
- using our sample data for Snowflake (no need to have a working pipeline)
- Set-up Snowplow Tracking in a mobile app
- track events both from an native iOS/Android, React Native, or Flutter app
- Apply what you have learned on your own pipeline to gain insights
The diagram below gives a complete overview of the system covered in this accelerator:
- Events are tracked from app logic inside the mobile app.
- Tracked events are loaded into a Snowflake warehouse by the Snowplow BDP or Open Source Cloud.
- The raw events are modeled into higher level entities such as screen views, sessions, or users using the snowplow-mobile
- Finally, we visualize the modeled data using Streamlit.
subgraph mobileApp[Mobile App]
tracker[Snowplow iOS/Android/React Native/Flutter tracker]
appCode -- "Tracks events" --> tracker
style tracker fill:#f5f5f5,stroke:#6638B8,stroke-width:3px
click tracker "https://docs.snowplow.io/docs/collecting-data/collecting-from-own-applications/mobile-trackers/installation-and-set-up/" "Open tracker docs" _blank
snowplow[Snowplow BDP/OS Cloud]
dbt[snowplow-mobile dbt package]
snowplow -- "Loads raw events" --> snowflake
dbt -- "Models data" --> snowflake
streamlit -- "Visualises modeled data" --> snowflake
style dbt fill:#f5f5f5,stroke:#6638B8,stroke-width:3px
click dbt "https://docs.snowplowanalytics.com/docs/modeling-your-data/the-snowplow-mobile-data-model/dbt-mobile-data-model/" "Open dbt package" _blank
click snowplow "https://snowplow.io/snowplow-bdp/" "Snowplow BDP" _blank
tracker -- "Sends tracked events" --> snowplow
Who is this guide for?
- Data practitioners who would like to get familiar with Snowplow data.
- Data practitioners who would like to set up tracking in a mobile app and learn how to use the Snowplow mobile data model to gain insight from their customers’ behavioural data as quickly as possible.
What you will learn
In approximately 10 working hours you can achieve the following:
- Upload data - Upload a sample Snowplow events dataset to your Snowflake warehouse
- Model - Configure and run the snowplow-mobile data model
- Visualise - Visualise the modeled data with Streamlit
- Track - Set-up and deploy tracking to your mobile app
- Next steps - Gain value from your own pipeline data through modeling and visualisation
section 1. Upload
1h :upload, 00-00, 1m
section 2. Model
2h :model, after upload, 2m
section 3. Visualise
3h :visualise, after model, 3m
section 4. Track
3h :track, after visualise, 3m
section 5. Next steps
1h :next steps, after track, 1m
Modeling and Visualisation
- dbt CLI installed / dbt Cloud account available
- New dbt project created and configured
- Python 3 Installed
- Snowflake account and a user with access to create schemas and tables
- Snowplow pipeline
- Mobile app to implement tracking on
Please note that Snowflake will be used for illustration but the snowplow-mobile dbt package also supports BigQuery, Databricks, Postgres and Redshift. Further adapter support for this accelerator coming soon!
What you will build
Advanced Analytics for Mobile Dashboard